Sunday 31 October 2010

Laik whut?

So I'm on our Stats page, idly browsing through the referral links (because I'm just morbid like that), when I come across this.


Out of curiosity, I clicked on the URL. Took me to some renovating site written up completely in Russian. (Yeah, Mnem, as if the .ru kept it a massive secret.) Off to the ever-reliable **coughNOTcough** Google Translate, which very kindly ran the webpage through with the fine-edged blade **coughHAHAcough** of computerized translation for me. It didn't make much more sense in English. Couldn't find a single referring link either. Someone out there is pulling strings, but the .ru is making me nervous, because Chronos once had this period of about two months when she would randomly spam a link to somebar.ru in her MSN conversations with me. That URL led to a website which made a neat business out of glomming worms (the invasive, cybertronic, borderline illegal ones) to the computers of hapless visitors. Bottom line is, don't trust a website what looks like it has nothing whatsoever to do there. The Internet is a scary place.

So, lesson here is:

-yawns-

The lesson is: ...

-rubs eyes-

The lesson to be learnt is--

-slumps over-

~Mnem- "zzz" -osyne

No comments:

Post a Comment