Thursday 27 May 2010

Owl in black and white


Awriiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I really do love graphic design. Not long ago I even considered it an option in my career choices list. Sadly, reality soon set in, and I consigned my hobby to being just that: a hobby. Because, see, I'm not terribly good at it. Talk to Chronos and she'll mention something to the effect of my not having access to Photoshop--but that isn't half the story. Thing is, I limit myself. I'm scared of intricacy, scared of colours. I work in black and white. (Psychoanalyze that, Freud.)

The practical Mnem will say it's because monochrome is easier; it uses up less disk space; it has a cleaner, more elegant look. The fanciful Mnem will spin some sort of story about how I subconsciously want to categorize the world into black or white, no grey, no smudges--that, through restricting my palette choices, I'm trying to get a handle on my world. Then again, Fanciful Mnem believes in ghosts and wears socks in bed. I'll let that speak for itself.

~Mnem- "Return Of The LOLWTF Owl" -osyne

Edit: I invoked Freud... that means I'm legally obliged to mention sex. So here it is. SEX SEX SEX SEXUAL REPRESSION SEX can I go now? Thanks.

Woot I finally get to use this.
Lol. :D
-Chronos

And I finally get to use this.
~Mnem

5 comments: