Sunday 15 August 2010

The great big death myth debunking post

Hi. As you can see, we're not dead yet--the operative word here being "yet". School started around four days ago and apparently we've both been wrapped up enough in our sad little offline lives that we've neglected our delightful blog. Not to mention our forums and three very hungry and irritated blog mascots. -feeds the cat kibble, feeds the ferret birds, feeds the penguin freshmen-

Speaking of which, the teacher of the class that Chronos and I share (let's call it History because it's a pain being ambiguous sometimes) is EPIC. -metaphorically underlines- Seriously. He has this bloodstained stick that he pokes people with, he plays WOW, he runs his class as an outright dictatorship ("There is no democracy here"), and he kills a ninth grader every year. (This, of course, is epic only mostly because we are sophs now. [Did I just invent that term?]) Needless to say, both Chronos and I are looking forward to a year with him. So much nicer more lively being a sophomore under his stick than a freshie under six feet of dirt.

Hmm... in other news, our other classes worked out fine. Out of the two of us I am the one most likely to be swapping/switching out a period because of some egregious little mixup when the school computers assigned my Creative Writing block. You see, CW is a semester course offered twice in one year, and the one in first deals with poetry while the one in second touches more on prose. Both Atlas and myself signed up for Sem 2 and got assigned to Sem 1. I don't like poetry, but I don't like screwing with my schedule either, so I've pretty much resigned myself to ninety days of metered crap bullcrap. Unfortunately Atlas isn't so keen on that course of action. I've been attempting to... er... dissuade him, rather violently unsuccessfully I will admit, from bolting to the counselors when they open back up to the general school body on Monday, but as far as the class is concerned it's still an open question as to whether he'll show up again on Wednesday first block or whether I will have to hunt him down and break his perfidious neck.

-beat-

Nothing quite like grievous bodily harm to get the school year off to a good start.

~Mnemosyne

No comments:

Post a Comment