Wednesday 4 August 2010

Mourn the Getting-Into-An-Marked-Van-Named-Ending of the Summer Holiday

Yeah, fine, I've already talked about this. Cut a person with no ideas some slack, will you? Especially when the brain hacking event called school begins. The fact that I have no ideas is already evidence enough that the thought of school is already siphoning common sense, and oh God, fun out of our brains. Simultaneously ignore the fact that I leave my homework to last minute on school days in lieu of Tales Runner, probably FerretGun, and cleaning / typesetting / playing around with Photoshop. I'm a busy person, you see. LIES!
Now, allow me to bid farewell to the summer holidays, a ritual which will last from now until the beginning of school, filled with much boredom and no consideration at all for the readers!
Today, I was watching eBuzz on AXN. Yes, I am currently somewhere in Asia. Please don't pounce at the chance to find out if I'm a 30 year old pedophile or a 15 year old girl (like I've been saying I am). Well, whichever, you'll probably be disappointed either way if you do find out. Back to the topic at hand. eBuzz. They were listing a whole bunch of recent movies and what spot they were. Well, I am proud to present the list - the epitome of summer movies, the cream of the crop on the coffee which is the summer (if you don't understand, it's fine. I don't either).


Remaining on the list at nuuuuumber one!
#01 - Inception
Directed by Christopher Nolan, featuring Leonardo DiCaprio (they sure brought the big guns in for this), Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, more people whose names I've never really heard mentioned before and I'm too lazy to list. Sorry.
I'm quite sure Mnem will kick my ass just for mentioning this movie. Apparently, it really screws with your mind. Sadly, I haven't had the honor of watching this movie yet. Something about the ability to enter people's dreams. -is browsing the movie summary as she is writing this post- I'll let Mnem handle this.



Next up, debuting on the list at nuuuumber two!
#02 - Salt
Directed by Phillip Noyce, featuring Angelina Jolie (what else do you need to know?)
Haven't seen this movie either, so I can't say I know what it's about. Apparently it has something to do with patriotism or spying. Mayhaps when I get around to watching it (which I will), I'll update this post. I don't like paraphrasing off other people's movie summaries.
Have I mentioned how much of a pain in the ass it is to adjust the layout of this post? Well, whatever.
And the last movie of this list - the only one I've actually watched - at nuuuuuumber 3!
#03 - The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Directed by John Turteltaub (the guy who directed National Treasure - sounding good), featuring Nicholas Cage (sounding better - hell, that's all the motivation I need! :D) and Jay Baruchel
Oh, and let's not forget Disney! Round of applause for you folks over there! The Sorcerer's Apprentice, as its name obviously suggests, is about the apprentice of the sorcerer. Too obvious for you? Well, it involves Merlin, his three apprentices and an evil sorceress named Morgana. One apprentice, Horvath, betrays Merlin as Veronica (one of the apprentices) fell in love with Balthazar (the other apprentice who happens to reciprocate her feelings) instead of him. The classic love triangle (don't you think you're taking it a little too far, Horvath?). Merlin is killed as a result of Horvath's betrayal. Balthazar seals Morgana (whose soul is in Veronica's body in an attempt to save Merlin) into a magical nesting doll. Before he dies, Merlin gives Balthazar his magic ring (which every sorcerer needs to perform magic) and tells him that whoever it reacts to will be fated to be his successor in addition to being the sole person able to destroy Morgana for good. And so Balthazar searches, searches, searches, and he finds a child named Dave in the 21st century. A scuffle with a newly revived Horvath occurs (who was sealed in the doll as well), followed by the two being trapped in a Chinese jar for 10 years (Again. For Horvath). By then, Dave is a university student studying physics (and pretty damn good at it, too). Horvath and Balthazar escape from the jar, and Balthazar finds Dave again to take him on as his apprentice. And so the rest of the movie is dedicated to training Dave to defeat Morgana (which he eventually does, of course).
Yay! Freakishly long and bad movie summaries for the win! Make sure you watch these three movies before they go obsolete, yeah?

-Chronos "Yeah, I'm really bored. That, and I need to post on FG so I don't come off as lazy. Which I am, for the record."

P.S. Have you noticed the last few posts have been tagged 'written while wasted' often? 

No comments:

Post a Comment