Friday 3 September 2010

Friday's child is loving and giving messed up

Bad Friday. Very bad Friday. You gave me homework from three out of four classes today! You gave Eusebia a stain on her white skirt and a bad grade on her Bio test and made her cry! You made me leave my French packet at home on the one day that we needed it! You made Chronos sick! You gave her a Chemistry test! You gave us both a math test and you broke my pencil! Bad Friday. Bad!

-Friday bursts into tears-

Oh--oh. I didn't mean that. Not really. Not all of it. I mean... it all happened, yes, but Friday, you weren't that bad. You gave me an early exit from Math because I finished the test quickly. You gave me the chance to pick Atlas' jacket pocket without him noticing. You gave me a hilarious Modern History class full of pizza and "are those two guys making out?" and manly defects and "you must have balls of steel". (That last one from the teacher and none too admiringly either.) You gave me two minutes to improvise a poem that ended up earning me a little respect from the class. You gave me a lovely talk with my mentor. And you gave us the end of the week--you gave us the weekend, you gave us freedom, you gave us the ability to forget about homework and grades and drama and just sink into a blissful weekend reverie. You gave me a lot. You took a lot from me too, but you gave back equally, Friday, and that's what counts. That's why everyone loves you. Don't cry anymore.

... Jesus, now I feel bad about hurting a personification's feelings. I-It's nothing... just have some dust in my eyes... -blinks painfully-

What are you staring at? Shoo now. Off with your head. Go seize the day ... or something else. You know what they say: "Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia and cerebellum"--when you have their full attention, their hearts and minds will follow. Always found that bit of advice quite sound. -winks-

So go snatch some ba--snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and make it a better weekend than Chronos is having right now.

~Mnemosyne

No comments:

Post a Comment