Friday 10 September 2010

Hell is gone and heaven's here, with silly music memes galore

Another funny little meme where all you need is a working copy of iTunes. Set it on shuffle and write down the first lyrics of the first twenty songs. This is what your poem is made up out of. The twenty-first first lyric (no, that wasn't redundant) becomes your title. My example:

Hell is gone and heaven's here
Me no bubbletious
Sands and gears, oh, how the daisies bloom
Do you remember when we didn't care?
Hey there baby, make up your mind
I wish I could cross my arms
Skylark
This is a tale that takes its place in Paris fair, this year of grace
The buttons on my phone are worn thin
Guess this means you're sorry
Tafari tries to get a job
Drew looks at me
Back me down from backing up
I'm staring out into the night, trying to hide the pain
Step one, you say "We need to talk"
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah
Things are looking up, oh, finally
You used to talk to me like I was the only one around
Sure you ride the finest horse I've ever seen
One, two, three
We were both young when I first saw you

Lyrics pulled from

"Let Me Entertain You", Robbie Williams
"Kids", Robbie Williams & Kylie Minogue
"Umbrella Beach", Owl City
"Another Heart Calls," All-American Rejects
"Now Or Never", Lisa Ekdahl
"Tidal Wave", Owl City
"Skylark", Monica Mancini
"The Age Of The Cathedrals", Bruno Pelletier
"Why", Secondhand Serenade
"My Life Would Suck Without You", Kelly Clarkson
"Proud To Be A Dread", Des'ree
"Teardrops On My Guitar", Taylor Swift
"Straightjacket Feeling", All-American Rejects
"Home", Daughtry
"How To Save A Life", The Fray
"Handel: Messiah, HWV 56 - Hallelujah Chorus", Karl Richter: London Philharmonic Orchestra, John Alldis Choir
"Looking Up", Paramore
"Used To", Daughtry
"Ride On", Christy Moore
"Summerboy", Lady Gaga
"Love Story", Taylor Swift

The scary thing is that it's not a halfway bad poem. Methinks I have stumbled on a new way of acing Creative Writing assignments... >:D

~Mnem

No comments:

Post a Comment