Saturday 19 June 2010

Shoot the night owl

H'm. I just went through the "Edit Posts" page and Chronos has apparently left an unfinished draft lying around. It ends mid-sentence but she sounds typically out of it, so we can rule out a carefully written hoax entry planted by the indomitable Lisbeth Salander (who is by the way the most awesome literary creation this side of the Discworld's Death). So since she appears to be all well and happy and spacey I wouldn't worry too, too much about her right now. (Note the emphasis on "right now". Lord knows how I'm going to kill her what I'm going to do to her when she gets back.)

What I do find disturbing is the edit time. It shows on my computer (running at GMT +7 hours, if you're interested) as 00:14:00 this morning--which is effectively fourteen minutes past midnight. Hell, even I don't stay up that late, unless I'm trying to catch a flight or there's an English essay due next day. While it may be worth mentioning that Chronos is in some backwards little country running an hour behind my time, it doesn't detract from her creepy habit of writing posts when most sensible people are tucked up with a quilt and a bottle of Zoloft.

Keep in mind that the time displayed is only the time of last saving. Knowing Chronos, she probably started it an hour earlier before passing out on her laptop keyboard. Or having to fight for her life amidst a flock of genetically engineered flying watermelons, I dunno.

~Mnemosyne

No comments:

Post a Comment