Thursday 29 July 2010

... damn.

It's the 29th of July today. Where I am, at the very least. Where Mnem is, I have no idea. Still waiting on her to 'Hell Yeah' the CSI post yesterday night for which (You can tell) I was in a state of brain incapacitation whilst writing. But it was damn good. Definitely worth not going out to a place with gooooooood food with my mother and grandmother to stay home and watch it. GODDAMMIT I WANT MY NASI LEMAK - no, I am not showing withdrawal symptoms from the lack of freaking good cultural food from my home country, why do you ask? Hey, apparently goddammit is spelt goddammit and not goddamnit! Wow, I can feel that much dumber now. Don't bother researching if you don't know where nasi lemak is from. It makes me feel that much safer. Before you ask, Mnem's from some other where, so don't you try and figure it out now.
Has it been a while since I wrote a post based on complete improvisation? You can probably tell if you've been following this blog for a while. Then again, you also probably haven't went through every single one the posts we wrote (What kind of sane person would anyway?).
As opposed to the stupid things that Mnem believes she does, I do pull (More stupid? Stupider?) even worse demoralizing and idiotic stunts. Example? Today, I went out with my two cousins and one of my cousin's boyfriend to watch the Sorcerer's Apprentice in the mall next door (which was epic -- NICOLAS CAGE FTW.). After the movie, we decided to loiter suspiciously around the arcade so we could get thrown out not-so-suspiciously or conspicuously to finish up the rest of the tokens we had bought for use in the arcade. Know those little machines where you put in tokens to get a little toy in a bubble (Give me a name here, I forget)?
Edit: These machines are called Gashapon Machines. In English, just call them toy vending machines. Another Japanese invention? A surprise? I think not. The link for 'gashapon' is to our ever reliable Wikipedia.
Those machines use different tokens than the arcade. 1 token for those bubble machines is worth RM4 (which isn't that much but expensive for those) whilst in comparison, 1 token for the arcade machines are worth RM1 (much more sufficient and money hoarding in the end). Being the absolute genius I am (is the sarcasm getting across to you?), I decide to flip the RM4 token to see whether I should put the token in a machine for Pokemon toys or Mario toys. The first time, no incident. The second time when my cousin thought my flip sucked? Alas it flew over and above and landed on the freaking CEILING ABOVE THE BUBBLE MACHINES. CEILING -- which wasn't that high but high enough for my height complex to be realized. Me being... short -grits teeth- an insufficient height to retrieve my coin, we had to go into the arcade, talk to the nice ladies at the arcade counter to ask for a chair to borrow. Well, luckily it ended without incident thanks to my cousin's boyfriend who was, thankfully, tall enough to look for the coin on the ceiling whilst standing on the chair.
Today's lesson?
Never let Chronos flip a freaking coin again. Ever. If push comes to shove, make her do it in a place where it won't vanish into an unreachable place.

-Chronos

No comments:

Post a Comment