Thursday 15 July 2010

DeviantArt: Where ART meets Application!

... says the tagline next to the website title. I don't know what it means. Personally, I think something more unoriginal is DeviantArt: The Power of... a Second Imagination (No, I'm not copping-out from my Fanfiction post or my O'er an Irish Pot of Gold post... why do you ask?) !
Ugh. I had to put a space between that exclamation mark and question mark. They look so... inharmonious together.
I'm getting off track here!
DeviantArt is for, as the title suggests, art. I have no idea where the Deviant came from, but artists there are affectionately dubbed 'Deviants', which suggests to me that this website came from the dark side, where they have many good cookies (No, I have not been influenced by any shirts, why do you ask?).
DeviantArt (yes, I will link it every time I mention it) is home to both fan and original arts. It's like fanfiction and fictionpress combined... except it's art! Categories include Digital art, Photography (where egotistical Deviants post many, many pictures of themselves -- Photoshopped, of course), film, animation, drawings, even LITERATURE (surprised here) -- well, yeah, basically whatever is counted as art. What's neat about this website is that you can print a piece of art you are viewing onto a custom made mug / shirt / whatever!
... you know, I really can't say much about this website and be snarky in the process. Damn.
I'm a Deviant there myself. Of course, that's if you count the fact that I make no a few tremendous contributions to the community by not posting any artwork.
My habits aside, there are some very talented artists there. Check it out.
Edit: Agh, how could I forget. I should post a picture of the kind of work you CAN find in DeviantArt.
This one really caught my eye - it is by Deviant Ravenari (if you wish for me to remove it, I will).

 Pretty, isn't it? Click on it to enlarge. This belongs to Ravenari. Do you hear me?

-Chronos "I think the Deviants will begin a witch hunt soon... for who? Guess."

P.S. Damn. I hope that Fanfiction, Fiction Press, and DeviantArt are happy - I just did free advertising for them! Well, sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment