Sunday 4 July 2010

Only If You Videotape It: "Win 'Haha' Sites" continued

I feel obligated to expand on Chronos' site picks, specifically the Cheezburger.com one. Like she said, we're both teenagers, so if you get offended easily by bad taste and risqué puns then maybe you kinda shouldn't be here. -winks-

I Can Has Cheezburger? The original site, stuffed with cute/funny cat pictures that border on the inhumane. I still remember a time when it was a free-standing webpage with none of this ICHC network thing going on. Of course, that was back in early 2007 or something, which might as well be in the Victorian era as far as the Internet is concerned.

Very Demotivational. For snarkier fare than lolcats can offer, this is the place to go. I've pulled a couple of blog pictures off of there, including the (infamous?) "next time just buy the goddamn cookies" pic from waaaaay back in May.

Crazy Things Parents Say. Except it's not just parents, it's the whole gamut of relations--I've even seen ones about girlfriends' dads or sisters' boyfriends and the like. Sample quote:
Me: I don’t see why I can’t have innocent sleepovers with boys.
Dad: I don’t want you having sex with boys!
Me: But I can have sleepovers with girls… is sex with girls OK?
Dad: Only if you videotape it and I get a share of the profits.
Historic LOLs. In my humble opinion it's one of the best new sites on the ICHC network, and since it specializes in Ye Olde Pictures and Ye Olde Inside Jokes it tends to come off as a bit more arcane (and well-punctuated, ye gods) than the other sites.

Failbook. Bringing you the absolute best and worst of Facebook. You start losing faith in the online presence of sentient beings after a couple of pages. But then there's the odd "win" one, so that's alright. -huddles in corner sucking thumb-

Learn From My Fail. Stupid things people do. A bit of a happier, trust-me-on-this atmosphere than FML, though, and you usually don't need brain bleach afterwards. -underlines "usually"- No promises, mate.

Pundit Kitchen. Political humour that doesn't make you want to wince. Try searching for "Putin" and you will never look at the Russian PM the same way again. Oh, and the ones about Biden. Maybe one day I'll do a PK special...

Art of Trolling. More online WTF; despite the official web page name of "Chatroulette Trolls", the featured pictures tend to have a fairly even balance between the aforesaid Chatroulette, Yahoo! Answers, Omegle, and sometimes the occasional (hacked) Wikipedia page. Attention! Attention! NOT safe for work! NOT SAFE FOR WORK! You have been warned. -dimples-

Hacked IRL. For the non-savvy chunk of our nonexistent audience, IRL means in real life, and hacked means... well, if you don't know what hacked means then you'd better scuttle back to your Commodore 64s before you hurt yourself on the Internet. (Here, have a Band-Aid. Don't touch the motherboard.) For everyone else, Hacked IRL is the result of pranksters exercising digital tomfoolery on the real world. Expect graffiti. Lots of graffiti. Hell, my MSN icon came from that site. Can you tell I'm fond of it? Huh, thought not.

~Mnemosyne

No comments:

Post a Comment