Tuesday 13 July 2010

Fanfiction: The Power of Imagination

It took me a while, but I finally stopped walking into trees poles over-sized cheese graters thinking, starting with throwing aside all rational thought to bring you this post.
Firstly, most of you people who probably have a life and don't constantly browse the Internet might not have heard of the site named Fanfiction.net. That's right, click on it...
Damn. I really thought I got their tag line right. Fine. It's Fanfiction - Unleash your Imagination now. I can't strikeout the title so deal with it, because I'm not bothered to place my hand on the mouse, which is currently trying to bite my fingers off -- no, I do not have an overactive imagination. It would be nice if we had real mice as mice though. You know what I mean?
... probably not, since I appear to be babbling nonsensically most half of the time. Onward with the boring introduction in a sad attempt to get you to join!
Fanfiction is a neat little site, see? Fanfictions, firstly, are stories based on ideas that already exist because the authors there cannot be bothered to come up with their own ideas are fanatical followers of a certain book / comic / anime / etc. like the idea of events happening that might not have occurred in the original base's storyline. For example -- take Leverage, a TV series of pure awesomeness. Go read the link I provided for you if you don't know what it is. Of course, it goes to say that if you do not know about Leverage, you are full of pure FAIL- yes, I have a tendency to insult people unintentionally.
Have you read the article? Good. Take Nate and Sophie. You could switch their pasts in a fanfiction, if you so wish. Hell, do what you want! Explicit content included! You have the freedom to do what you wish with the storyline, the characters - go kill off a few of them, some people would like to see those kind of ideas!
Fanfiction is a world domination plot just waiting to happen, after all. You wouldn't want to miss out on it, hm?

-Chronos "Yes, I write on Fanfiction too"

P.S. Fanfiction has a sister / brother / sibling site named FictionPress.com. I wouldn't know if they were created by the same people, but the layout looks pretty damn close. FictionPress is for ORIGINAL WORKS ONLY. A place where Mnem should go someday soon.
P.P.S. Romeo and Juliet: Failed will soon be updated!
P.P.P.S. About Mnem's cryptic post prior, a tragedy has befallen someone we know. I might talk more of it on a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment